Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Exciting news!

Okay first of all I still haven't finished the Katara animation, which is shameful, but got pushed back in priorities once again. After getting a day job, a freelance job as a background artist, and trying to amp up my website for my Disney application things have been a bit hectic. To add to all this HOT 99.5 and DC101 will be airing me reading a personal advertisement, or abbreviated resume if you will. There's no way of saying what time it will be on, but it should be cycling through commercials next week.

That's not even the most exciting news- I'm working on a new animated short with Max (http://maxsteiner.blogspot.com/ <- if you check out his blog you can see his short JOUST! that made it into SCADanimate 2009) for a health reform video contest.

But wait, there's more! A recent song has hit it pretty big in this area from a relatively "indie"/ little known musician named Adam Young who goes by Owl City. I've always had an intense interest in music videos and for senior thesis Do No Magick beat out another idea I had for a story about the old folk tale Winkin, Blinken, and Nod. When listening to the song it seemed to match my concept perfectly, so I thought it was worth a shot to contact him. I got a hold of his managers and they were interested in the idea! Once the film is completed they're going to be using it for their marketing! Money- no, but exposure yes! Plus I'll be doing two things that I've always really wanted to do. As you can see I'm very excited! You can check out the current music video- owl city's fireflies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4JLa0hbUw

No comments: